Friday 4 October 2019

Pulling it all together

It's fast approaching the end of 2019, seven years since my last post. So what have I been doing?
On the job front- not a lot. I retired from paid work in 2015 following a number of health issues and now keep myself busy by writing books.
As of now I have five in print with another available on Kindle and at least two more in preparation.

The Kindle book largely consists of collating the posts on this blog, sorting them out into date order and bringing my story up to date. If you want a study of the changing nature of work over the last half century- this one is for you.

I make no secret that my main interest has been my music and I've written three books that tell of my own attempts to make music, the bands that I was in, the bands that I saw playing live, and the music that influenced me, from 1957 up to 2018. It's divided into three parts.

Part one covers my early life up to 1974. It's called 'Too Young for Rock & Roll' ( I was 7 when Elvis hit the charts)
Part two starts in 1974 and ends in 1984. It's the story of the two bands that I played in- Left Hand Drive and pop covers band Conspiracy. It's called 'Too Old for Punk',  In 1977 I was 27 and more interested in Steely Dan than the Sex Pistols- I'd been there and done that.
Part three begins in the late 1980s and brings the story up to date. It's called 'Forever Changing'.

So what is the title of my book about the world of work?

'The Things I did for Money.'
Available on Kindle and maybe in print sometime soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S94VVM8/



No comments:

Post a Comment